Eranos: Acta philologica Suecana, was founded in 1896 by Vilhelm Lundström, Lecturer at the University of Uppsala and from 1907 Professor of Latin at the University of Gothenburg. Prof. Lundström had sole charge of Eranos until his death in 1940 (vols. 1–37). Vol. 38 (1940) was edited by Dr Harry Armini, Gothenburg. In 1941 the editorship was taken over by Dr Tönnes Kleberg, Gothenburg, Head Librarian of the University of Uppsala from 1946; assisted by various co-editors,—Prof. Gudmund Björck (1946–55), Prof. Stig Y. Rudberg (1956–73), Prof. J. Svennung (1956–73)—he remained at the helm until the end of 1973. Thereafter the journal was edited by Prof. Birger Bergh, Lund (1973–96), Prof. Åke Fridh, Gothenburg (1973–91), Prof. Stig Y. Rudberg, Lund (1973–91), Prof. Jan-Olof Tjäder, Uppsala (1973–91), Prof. Sten Eklund, Uppsala (1991–96), and Dr Maria Berggren, Uppsala (1997–2003).
For the time being, the Board of Editors consists of Prof. Eva-Carin Gerö (Editor-in-chief), Prof. Jerker Blomqvist, Prof. Monica Hedlund, Prof. Hans HelanderDr Hans-Roland Johnsson, and Dr Krister Östlund. Address: Prof. Eva-Carin Gerö, Department of French, Italian and Classical Languages, Stockholm University, SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden; fax: +46 (0)8 16 4307; e-mail: email@example.com.
Eranos accepts original papers written in English, French, German or Latin on Greek and Latin Philology, including Medieval Latin, Neo-Latin and Byzantine Philology, and on Antiquity and Byzantine Studies in general. Illustrations, plans, etc., can be accepted to a limited extent.